Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M41 Jacket

Article about: Hello guys, Is this an original M41 jacket? I'm planning on making a Normandy mannequin... Any help and/or opinion would be very welcome. Kind regards

Default M41 Jacket

Hello guys,

Is this an original M41 jacket? I'm planning on making a Normandy mannequin...

Any help and/or opinion would be very welcome.

Kind regardsM41 JacketM41 JacketM41 JacketM41 JacketM41 JacketM41 JacketM41 Jacket

May be useful to see any internal labels. There are loads of modern copies about, if original then it will be expensive

I asked the seller for some inside pictures. Label is missing... not uncommon actually.

As soon as I receive them I will post them here

Regards

Looks like a good, lightly used example to me. I love the sew-on 2nd lt butter bars!

?

Love this style jacket . I wear a repoall the time . Gary

I have a few originals in my junk pile and this one could be good, can't zoom in on the pics though! Just a note, there are buttons replaced and an old stitch mark at the zipper. Reproduction jackets these days are very good!!!

Hey guys,

haven't received any pictures from the seller...

I found another jacket,might go for this one,hope this is a good original one.

Again,any help/opinions would be welcome

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M41 Jacket   M41 Jacket  

M41 Jacket   M41 Jacket  

M41 Jacket   M41 Jacket  

M41 Jacket   M41 Jacket  

M41 Jacket   M41 Jacket  

?

Hi Kukke,
    I like the first one, more than the second, though (as already noted), they could both be right... or not! Not terribly helpful, I’ll grant you, but there’s something far more pleasing to the eye in the first one - though that may be down to the better display. Sewn Lt. bars are a nice detail and there’s a nice bit of wear around the collar and lapel points too.
    While very good, the modern copies tend to be of a slightly fuller cut around the waist and armpit areas, to allow for comfort and the more generous proportions of many a re-enactor. That said, I’ve got a superb French copy that I’ve worn lots and it fools pretty much everyone; collar and cuffs just as worn as the real thing and a good realistically snug fit too!
    The best way is to physically examine it, of course, so the seller’s return policy could be a decider...
    Whichever you get, please don’t stick a patch on it... tempting as it is (I know it’s not my place to dictate, but I strongly believe in keeping things original and most were left un-badged for security anyway, as I’m sure you know).
    Good luck with your bid!
    Bob