Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

m43 Field Jacket Airborne

Article about: hi I just bought this and its an m43 field jacket with insignia from the 82nd airborne on it however im not positive if its real, im pretty sure it is also it did have some paperwork with it

Default m43 Field Jacket Airborne

hi I just bought this and its an m43 field jacket with insignia from the 82nd airborne on it however im not positive if its real, im pretty sure it is also it did have some paperwork with it that said it sold in 1992 from a san Antonio dealer (before band of brothers) it also has 1lt bars on the shoulder and its very very hard to read but there appears to be a name written inside I think it might say Sayol but im not sure all I know is the first letter is a S and I don't know if that's a first initial or not and the name for sure ends in ol but im willing to be its yol, any help with this jacket also any history with airborne and m43 field jackets (I don't know much about airborne usage of them) would be great thanks!
    m43 Field Jacket Airbornem43 Field Jacket Airbornem43 Field Jacket Airbornem43 Field Jacket Airbornem43 Field Jacket Airborne

?

Default Re: m43 Field Jacket Airborne

Looks like it could be good, did you try and black light the threads surrounding the patch that will give you an idea of when it was sown on the jacket

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Looks like it could be good, did you try and black light the threads surrounding the patch that will give you an idea of when it was sown on the jacket
    I don't have a blacklight so that's not possible only thing I can tell for sure is it appears to be hand sewn

?

That will make it hard to tell if this is real or not