Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M65 jacket...history ?

Article about: Hello I would like to know more about this m65..is it ok for Vietnam ? The patch is 108 th division. Are patches 70's (vietnam) or later ? I did some researches on wikipedia and found that 1

Default M65 jacket...history ?

Hello
    I would like to know more about this m65..is it ok for Vietnam ? The patch is 108 th division. Are patches 70's (vietnam) or later ?

I did some researches on wikipedia and found that 108 th division founded its own Sergent instructor school in early 60's...

Thanks

?

Pictures would help

Hello
    Sorry I was thinking the pictures were available...it is in near of perfect condition, with a very stunning green color...seems To be very few used Imo.
    What can you tell me about it (Value, history etc ?)
    Thank you.

Last edited by French1944; 09-13-2019 at 05:10 PM.

The jacket itself is dated 1969 so a good Vietnam's one I guess.

Vietnam era certainly, beyond that you can't be sure (without research) whether this jacket or Blackwood deployed to Vietnam. The M65 is not really a tropical theatre jacket, though no doubt was used in Vietnam. The 108th were a training division at the time, probably training those drafted to go to Vietnam.

A nice jacket, but as far as value i would guess it'd just be the price of a surplus M65.

Thank you
    I'll keep it for the raining/snowing days, it's a cool and pretty Jacket IMO.

Are there any chance to do research on the former owner (Blackwood) ? Maybe a website ?

B.regards

If you get the liner for it, it will be perfectly wearable on cold days too. I wear mine a lot in Autumn.

The patch under his name tape is a Drill Instructor patch, makes sense if it was a training unit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast