Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Majors tunic RAOC 21st army group

Article about: thought i would show pics of this tunic before its rebadged bought it for somebody is a nice tunic but getting stripped of insignia etc.

Default Majors tunic RAOC 21st army group

thought i would show pics of this tunic before its rebadged bought it for somebody is a nice tunic but getting stripped of insignia etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1060313h.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	183525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1060312n.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	183524  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1060314r.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	183526  

Default Re: Majors tunic RAOC 21st army group

To strip it is criminal! That is just a waste of an original item. Does this person have no respect for history? This kind of stupid act really annoys me.

Cheers, Ade.

Here, here! How can anybody call themselves a collector or reenactor if they are going to destroy the very history that they have a so called interest in!

Believe me Ade its reluctantly i bought it in for somebody its here hanging at my house the medal ribbons are the Great Britain Star and the France Germany star so we have the tunic of a major who served in the 21st Army group ( HQ ) probably on staff at the time of operation overlord the division badges on shoulder too are embroidered early ones not printed

Why strip it? there are plenty of similar pattern low cost, post war examples available for fancy dress ect... When I buy a ww2 tunic I try and keep it as it is, or restore / replace insignia with original replacments. If there is a name inside I try and find out about the soldier and in some cases find a photo of him.

it wasnt for fancy dress as you say it it was for a living history uniform i guess its been stripped because originals are few and far between for events unless you get a poor repro made i do understand the arguements as i had a RUR battledress uniform a few years ago which i didnt touch along with other things in my collection some things you dont strip or alter