Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam era

Article about: hi people bought this camo water bottle off a guy yesterday with some other stuff he said it was vietnam era but only cost me \\$2 AU so I thought I'd grab it either way . I'v not seen this ca

Default Mitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam era

hi people bought this camo water bottle off a guy yesterday with some other stuff he said it was vietnam era but only cost me $2 AU so I thought I'd grab it either way . I'v not seen this camo before. the water bottle has had one of the button/clips replaced . I'm unsure if it is Mitchell pattern camo or early ERDL . any help would be great thanks .

Mitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam era

I also grabbed these Nam era belts off him one is dated 1971 and has the arrow mark on all the pieces too he charged me the hugh sum of $3 each .. and said he want's me to go round his place next week said he has a shed full of stuff he wants to get rid of... Bring on next week I say

Mitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam era

now I feel like a numpty it's defiantly ERDL pattern ... Mitchell pattern has no black splodges ... and looks more like a tree ... ... yes I'm an idiot :P

Sorry it aint ERDL either, it's some form of DPM [disruptive pattern material] mostly used by the British armed forces, also used by New Zealand and a few other counties.
    You can tell it's DPM by the black dots around the black areas of the camo which ERDL never had. Just to complicate things DPM sometimes doesn't have the dotted areas like the version used by the Dutch!..

?

I think Matthew you have a made up cam there..I don't think the waterbottle & pouch are real Army issue!!! They look like the cheap bottles you got in the 70's for camping & playing Army..But if you only paid 2 dollars you ain't gone wrong.. Cheers Terry.

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    I think Matthew you have a made up cam there..I don't think the waterbottle & pouch are real Army issue!!! They look like the cheap bottles you got in the 70's for camping & playing Army..But if you only paid 2 dollars you ain't gone wrong.. Cheers Terry.
    That`s what I think too......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

matthew ,nam period m56 water canteens were fiited into an olive green cover ,they have US markings but beware there are chinese copies out there ,can i ask if i can see the bottle on its own and show pictures of any manufacture stamps etc please ,thanks james

will take some pictures soon james .

Hi the water bottle is military issue from the 80's I give the guy a quick call and asked him he said he has a whole heap of water bottles around 20 or so that may have been changed around over the years So this is probably no help thanks anyway guy's
    Mitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam eraMitchell pattern camo or early ERDL ??? aparently Vietnam era

At $2-$3 a pop, I would be back there next week as well.
    Nothing fancy or rare, but those are bargain basement
    prices - and you never know what other stuff
    he might have.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

The bottle does look some sort of issued bottle just because of the stock number on the bottom. But I wouldn't have a clue as to what country??. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast