MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

My Father's Flight Jacket

Article about: Good Morning gents. I have never posted anything so modern (Desert Storm), but I have always thought that this piece is really cool. My father is a retired Colonel and pilot and this was one

Default My Father's Flight Jacket

Good Morning gents. I have never posted anything so modern (Desert Storm), but I have always thought that this piece is really cool. My father is a retired Colonel and pilot and this was one of his flight jackets. Very cool to see the lining in case he was ever shot down. The top left language is Arabic (sorry I covered with the hanger). Can you imagine what this thing would go for if it were Luftwaffe and had a Giant swastika sewn into the lining with this messaging! Needless to say, I would never sell this coat. Hope you enjoy.

My Father's Flight JacketMy Father's Flight JacketMy Father's Flight JacketMy Father's Flight Jacket

Now that's what you call a cool piece of kit ! Regards, Paul

MAP
    ?

Would take anything that belonged to my Dad over a box full of Knights Crosses with diamond oakleaves with sworts!

Very nice. Keep it stored well. Thin hangers, over a very long time will distort the shape.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes, good call on the new hanger. I was just thinking that I should have my dad write a little something about when he wore it and what he was doing at the time. It would be great for the great grandchildren to have in 100 years. Wouldn't it be nice to find a WWII bomber/fighter jacket with a note on the inside pocket detailing the missions the jacket went on.

Very nice that you have your father's items.. Thank you for sharing with us

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Spend the $25. Get a good extra wide wood hanger that extends BEYOND the seams of the shoulders and into the sleeves by an inch or so. Think of a high quality suit hanger. I have seen a number of similar WW2 vintage leather jackets where the coat hangers literally ripped thru the leather

Best bet is to store it off of the hanger or on a mannequin. Or just wear it
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I love that Arabic message "I am a American and do not speak you language..." Just how in practical terms a downed pilot in the desert would make use of that when meeting an Arab on a camel conjures up all sorts of humorous images. The Bedouin waving his hand saying "I can not read"