Become our sponsor and display your banner here

My first BD blouse

Article about: Iíve been on a bit of a spending spree and have just bought a 1940 pattern BD blouse (austerity version?) which is dated 1944. Now Iíve no reason to doubt the person I bought it from however

?

Default My first BD blouse

Iíve been on a bit of a spending spree and have just bought a 1940 pattern BD blouse (austerity version?) which is dated 1944. Now Iíve no reason to doubt the person I bought it from however, Iím very new to anything WWII so would appreciate any comments.

It appears to be in an unworn condition, no traces of badges ever being attached, the letter M stamped inside matches the 1944 dated label (thanks to Jerryís thread on date stamps) and the buckle has Ďwill not rustí stamped on it.

Thanks
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3078.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	847385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3080.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	224.8 KB 
ID:	847386  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3081.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	847387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3082.jpg 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	847388  

Name:	IMG_3083.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	847390   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3084.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	847394  

Name:	IMG_3085.jpg 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	847396  

Looks spot on Tony.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Ahhhh thanks Jerry, I'm very pleased with it and although I'd have preferred one that had been worn back in the day, I can't complain though especially as I think I paid a fairly good price for it when taking the size and condition into account.

Tony

?

No concerns whatsoever. That's made by Montague Burton (now Burton menswear of high street fame) and looks a solidly constructed version.

Not always easy to spot removed insignia on these and also often they did not have insignia especially for frontline use for security reasons. Does it have a washed out letter or something on the label, an initial perhaps, bottom right?
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Just looked online, there's lots about Montague Burton and it looks like Burton Menswear is still going as they have ads on youtube.

Jerry, I thought there was the number 3 on the label but have just checked again and it's possibly the letter B. Does that mean anything? On clothing that's been worn more than once I usually expect to seen a grimy collar, worn cuffs etc. but there's no wear to the collar, cuffs or under the armpits. That's interesting about no insignia being worn in the frontline, something else I've learned and I'll have to go over the BD again when there's better light.

Tony

Sometimes you can see the stitching hole if you hold it up against the light looking from inside it. Not sure on the B.

either way a very good example Tony
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Oh yes, I'm more than happy with it.