Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My items are in a book

Article about: Over 2 years ago I had posted a thread about meeting a man named Robert Holmstrom. He was a tail gunner on a plane called the night knight. It was at an estate sale I had bought several of h

Default My items are in a book

My items are in a book
    My items are in a book

Over 2 years ago I had posted a thread about meeting a man named Robert Holmstrom. He was a tail gunner on a plane called the night knight. It was at an estate sale I had bought several of his original items including the medals you see in the pictures. Not long after this an author took interest in his story about flying night missions over France to supply resistance fighters in operation carpetbagger. I'm pleased to say that some of these items that are currently in my collection have made it into the book that was released not too long ago. Not my most monetarily valuable items but among my most treasured.

I also have the other two ribbon bars but not displayed in this case.

That's really cool! I'm sure many of us would love to have an opportunity like that. Just wondering what plane did he fly?

B24 liberators under command of the OSS

Very nice and great story to go with it. Congrats.
    John

My items are in a book
    My items are in a book

Robert Holmstrom is now 95 and they just had their 74th anniversary last week and reunion of the carpetbaggers.

Nice one, shame they were separated from the jacket.

MAP
    ?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    B24 liberators under command of the OSS
    Very nice grouping

He might have dropped my Aunt into France. The story is that she was OSS and jumped into France to work with the resistance . ...so the story goes (she did earn a bronze star though so she must have done something to earn it.)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nice one, shame they were separated from the jacket.
    I have the shirt and wool overcoat. I hope you still have the flight pants, Rene.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice grouping

He might have dropped my Aunt into France. The story is that she was OSS and jumped into France to work with the resistance . ...so the story goes (she did earn a bronze star though so she must have done something to earn it.)
    Michael it's quite possible the carpetbagger operation was responsible. They removed the ball turret to drop through the opening at low altitude parachute drops.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast