Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My special estate sale trip

Article about: Was reading the classified ads this morning and there was an estate sale 15 miles from me so I took a chance. Turned out to be an estate sale ran by a ww2 army air corps veterans daughter..

Default My special estate sale trip

Was reading the classified ads this morning and there was an estate sale 15 miles from me so I took a chance. Turned out to be an estate sale ran by a ww2 army air corps veterans daughter.. I bought everything that was his he had left from the war. Staff Sergeant Robert E Holmstrom 8th air force 406th squadron. "The Carpet Baggers". His nickname was "eager" and was a tail gunner on a B-24.. Picture below is him on the bottom row far left. Items I bought were his a-9 flying pants, like jacket and wool trench coat..

My special estate sale tripMy special estate sale trip

I am in touch with his daughter, Jenny and will update this with more information when/if possible. Her understanding is that they flew night missions over France dropping everything from propaganda leaflets to supplies for the French resistance. I promised Jenny that these items would go to a good home and be displayed for all to see. I intend to keep that promise.
    Last edited by UK Cousin; 09-18-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Nice finds, congrats!!!

Mart

First items with a face and story. I'm very happy about it.

You did good
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

@Chopperman.. Maplewood area.

MAP
    ?

Better than good. You did great. While nice you understand the significance and will preserve the grouping it's a bit of a shame she let this go from the family.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map the ike jacket has been stripped down of medals and bars because his daughter is keeping all of them. They weren't for sale.

a great find.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    @Chopperman.. Maplewood area.
    You've been doing pretty well up here. I never think about looking at estate or garage sales
    in the cities. Quite honestly, once I've got my work week done, I head north and try to stay
    away from the cities and people in general. ( weekend from next being the exception)
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

You guys honestly have some of the best items up here. I'm never disappointed. In fact my first post on this forum was a luft dagger I bought when I was working here last time.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast