Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Named 3rd Infantry Division Service Jacket

Article about: This unity is well known in France, because it was fighting against the Colmar pocket. Young, I had 2 helmets from the division, but I collect German...Heavy fightings against troops under t

Default Named 3rd Infantry Division Service Jacket

Hi guys,

This was another pickup yesterday. It's a WWII-era service jacket for a Sergeant 'Felix' from the 3rd Infantry Division. This thing is decked out, and the owner was clearly a very seasoned soldier. The 'Rock of the Marne' saw a lot of combat in almost every sector of the ETO. Audie Murphy, the most decorated soldier of WWII, was from this unit.

My best friend's grandfather was, in fact, a sergeant in the 3rd I.D. during WWII. So I gave it to him as a early Christmas present. He's lucky, I was very close to keeping the thing. It's a beautiful jacket.

If any of you are wondering, the cord is a French 'Fourragère aux couleurs de la Croix de guerre', an award that the division received for its service in France during WWI.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named 3rd Infantry Division Service Jacket   Named 3rd Infantry Division Service Jacket  

Named 3rd Infantry Division Service Jacket   Named 3rd Infantry Division Service Jacket  

Named 3rd Infantry Division Service Jacket   Named 3rd Infantry Division Service Jacket  

?

Default Re: Named 3rd Infantry Division Service Jacket

That is a very nice 4 pocket. You are a good man.

Getting harder to find 3rd Infantry stuff these days. Good pick up.
    Nice that you gifted it to your friends Grandfather - I'm sure
    he will love it.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks guys! I'm happy to have had it in my collection for a full 24 hours. haha

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Nice that you gifted it to your friends Grandfather
    I should have been clearer actually, but Andy's grandfather has been gone for a long time now unfortunately. I gave it to Andy for Christmas.

I have always has a question are the US lanyards and German lanyards for the same thing. (infantry,tank)
    Morris

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I have always has a question are the US lanyards and German lanyards for the same thing. (infantry,tank)
    Morris
    No, not in this case. The lanyard on this piece is actually a French fourragère, awarded to all members of the 3rd Infantry Division for their service during WWI by the French government.

Ah - in memory of his Grandfather. Very nice gesture.
    I'm sure he still loves it.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Darn andy! My grandpa was in the aaf hint hint... jk nice piece wasnt the 3rd nicknamed the blue devils as well as the 88th infantry division during wwii?
    I havent been to his store in a while, maybe I can stop and convince my parents to get me a present

Im sure Andy loves it he is determined to get a 3rd id m1 shell off of and old reenacting buddy anything 3rd id gets him going.

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Im sure Andy loves it he is determined to get a 3rd id m1 shell off of and old reenacting buddy anything 3rd id gets him going.
    That's why I got it for him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast