Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named American Field Service collection

Article about: Belonged to George Demuth born in Ohio in 1925 and died in 2017 in Salem VA which is the location of his estate sale where I purchased his uniforms. I'm looking for information/thoughts on t

Default Named American Field Service collection

Belonged to George Demuth born in Ohio in 1925 and died in 2017 in Salem VA which is the location of his estate sale where I purchased his uniforms. I'm looking for information/thoughts on the collection. I know enough about British stuff to be dangerous and know less about Commonwealth stuff. I guess the two coolest pieces in the collection are his BD with 14th Army patches and hand made (theatre made?) AFS shoulder insignia and a British overcoat, made in Australia with USA patches. I've never seen the USA patch before. Collection also includes an Indian made sweater, a shirt with AFS patch (American made?), a pouch of unknown origin with his name and AFS written on it as well as misc shirts and undershirts some with British issue marks or no marks. Named American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collectionNamed American Field Service collection

MAP
    ?

Very nice grouping.

My only experience with the AFS is from WW1. So can't provide much information other than it looks to be great!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Wow.

That is a great collection... Very nice indeed.

Bob