Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Naval Deck Jacket

Article about: I recently received a Naval Deck Jacket that belonged to my Great Uncle Abner. My father insists that he served during WWII in the Navy, and I am trying to authenticate it. It is in excellen

johnnieboy173
    ?

Default Naval Deck Jacket

I recently received a Naval Deck Jacket that belonged to my Great Uncle Abner.
    My father insists that he served during WWII in the Navy, and I am trying to authenticate it.
    It is in excellent condition, with the exception of the tag being slightly worn.
    I am posting two pictures, but if the experts need more to authenticate it, and give me a value, I will gladly post more.
    Thanking you all in advance...

John Mihalchik

Naval Deck JacketNaval Deck Jacket

Difficult to say definitively. The jacket looks to be a standard Naval N-1 Foul Weather Deck Jacket. The bad part is, these were introduced into use in 1943 and continued to be issued until the 1960's. So, while it Is the WWII issued Model, there is no way to actually say what specific Year it is from. But it Could be...
    Last edited by Wagriff; 07-24-2014 at 12:58 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

This one is definitely from the 60s, from what I understand the Code FSN was used in the early 60s

Hello John, One site I could suggest that could likely be more precise dating your jacket would be to try the US MILITARIA COLLECTORS FORUM These guys are pretty intense in reading codes and tags over there! Good luck!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

johnnieboy173
    ?

Thanks all!

MrClean
    ?

I agree

A FSN is a later stock number.Looking at the contract Im thinking its a 1961 date