Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help Identirying KD Jacket/shirt

Article about: I bought this recently and thought it was interesting as buttons all the way up,sewn on buttons,sewn on belt,unusual 2 button cuff,it had the N.R badges on the epaulettes which i couldnt ide

Default Need Help Identirying KD Jacket/shirt

I bought this recently and thought it was interesting as buttons all the way up,sewn on buttons,sewn on belt,unusual 2 button cuff,it had the N.R badges on the epaulettes which i couldnt identify other than similar being advertised as ww1,the label is stamped 1945 and first of all made me think Indian but now not so sure,can anyone make a positive id,Thanks Colin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help Identirying KD Jacket/shirt   Need Help Identirying KD Jacket/shirt  

Need Help Identirying KD Jacket/shirt   Need Help Identirying KD Jacket/shirt  

Need Help Identirying KD Jacket/shirt   Need Help Identirying KD Jacket/shirt  

The titles are very interesting and I believe stand for National Reserve. The National Reserve was a register of ex officers and men for home military service during WWI. According to Ray Westlake's book (Collecting Metal Shoulder Titles 1980), the titles were rarely worn by the men. Regarding the KD shirt, I can not make the writing, can you see a manufactures mark? That should quickly tell us where it was made. Cheers

Hello Chris,vouve confirmed what i read about shoulder titles i think they may be someones idea of using up some badges they couldnt sell.
    The stamping is very indestinct
    ws1945 possibly
    slm2