Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need info on Australian uniform

Article about: Hi Aif those patches are not original they are the light horse club patches its represents the lone pine tree from Gallipoli in WW1.The unit in WW1 and WW2 was a CMF unit and had no patches

Default Need info on Australian uniform

Hello everyone,

I have received two austrialian tunics and one pair of trousers. The colors are kind of deep brown. Where were this kind of uniform used, and what kind of insignias would be appropriate for these tunics? I hope you can help me with info on this.
    /Erik
    Need info on Australian uniformNeed info on Australian uniformNeed info on Australian uniformNeed info on Australian uniformNeed info on Australian uniformNeed info on Australian uniform

Default Re: Need info on Australian uniform

G'day Erik
    Nice set and 2 makers I don't have! The later dated garments would have been used mostly at home but your 40 dated trousers could have been issued for Greece, Nth Africa, Middle East, Crete etc.. look up your Aussie military history.
    You need 2 rising sun metal collar insignia and 2 metal AUSTRALIA shoulder titles and 2 unit patches (optional)

Thumbs up Re: Need info on Australian uniform

Thanks René

Great info, just what I needed :-) If you or anyone else have the above mentioned insignias for sale, or know where I can buy them, I would be very thankfull to buy the items so I can complete this Aussie kit.

Kind regards
    Erik

Quote by euro19723 View Post
    Thanks René

Great info, just what I needed :-) If you or anyone else have the above mentioned insignias for sale, or know where I can buy them, I would be very thankfull to buy the items so I can complete this Aussie kit.

Kind regards
    Erik
    Try these fellas Ballarat Vic IS Wright : Catalog
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-23-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: forgot link

AIF
    ?

Hi mate, great scores!! The 1940 dated trousers are especially nice having the manufactures name instead of the post 1942 factory codes, I take it your second 1944 dated tunic is different from the one pictured and has internal bottom pockets opposed to the patch type on the one pictured?
    Also I might be able to help you out with the patches and badges you need, let me know and I will see what I still have spare.

Cheers, Luke

AIF
    ?

Hi again mate, I will get back to you shortly regarding the PM. In the mean time heres a few pictures of original tunics with insignia, theyre not mine they are from the AWM's collection but I thought they would be good to show you as examples of how the insignia was worn. I will try to get some pics up of mine shortly so you can see the details a bit better as well.

First up is a tunic for a sergeant in the 2/3rd infantry battalion

Second pic is a corpral of the 2/3rd pioneer battalion

And thirdly a Tunic to a corpral in the 2/4th Light Anti Aircraft regiment, it also has miniatures for one of the 9th division artillery units, a drivers trade badge 4 years overseas service stripes and a chest full of ribbons for service in ww1 and ww2
    Attached Images Attached Images Need info on Australian uniform  Need info on Australian uniform  Need info on Australian uniform 

Very cool uniforms - Just the kind of info I am looking for, Thanks a lot.

Hi this is my two WW2 jackets the khaki one is tailed made in Australia for Australia hot weather so it a lighter/cooler material used it was dated 11/1941 and used by a captain Shrewsbury at POW camp in NSW and the other jacket is standard issue. They standard was used also in the desert .
    Cheers Anthony Egretz

Need info on Australian uniform

AIF
    ?

Hi mate whats the patches on your service dress? Are they original to the tunic?
    Also I will get those pictures of the wash roll up for you later tonight or tommorow I spent all arvo looking for it and finally found it for you.

AIF
    ?

Actually I just realised I can enlarge the pic... WTF are those patches???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast