Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Opinions on M42 Jacket

Article about: I found this at a show and would like some more opinions on it. Cheers Gary

Default Need Opinions on M42 Jacket

I found this at a show and would like some more opinions on it.

Cheers
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Opinions on M42 Jacket   Need Opinions on M42 Jacket  

Need Opinions on M42 Jacket   Need Opinions on M42 Jacket  

Need Opinions on M42 Jacket   Need Opinions on M42 Jacket  

Need Opinions on M42 Jacket  

Default Re: Need Opinions on M42 Jacket

Hi Gary, being a WW2 re-enactor I see a lot of copy jackets at shows worn by friends. Some are good and some are frankly horrid. I have never seen a copy with this degree of sophistication to the labels etc. Some do have "Talon" marked zipppers.

But I don't know if things have got to the outright faking stage of these yet? That popper looks a bit odd. And the labels of look a very course weave and thick compared to the usual US labels. Another slight concern would be the size, 42R is a pretty rare size. As you know, the average size of most WW2 uniforms seems to be a 36 to 38 chest. Bigger sizes are hard to find. Folks were just smaller then, plus they were really just kids.

I can see why you asked for opinions.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Need Opinions on M42 Jacket

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Gary, being a WW2 re-enactor I see a lot of copy jackets at shows worn by friends. Some are good and some are frankly horrid. I have never seen a copy with this degree of sophistication to the labels etc. Some do have "Talon" marked zipppers.

But I don't know if things have got to the outright faking stage of these yet? That popper looks a bit odd. And the labels of look a very course weave and thick compared to the usual US labels. Another slight concern would be the size, 42R is a pretty rare size. As you know, the average size of most WW2 uniforms seems to be a 36 to 38 chest. Bigger sizes are hard to find. Folks were just smaller then, plus they were really just kids.

I can see why you asked for opinions.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

There were a number of things that concerned me most of which you named. The label itself is in the bottom left pocket as opposed to the bottom right pocket which is what I have seen on all the jackets I've seen so far.

I will post it on Waf if I can get my darn membership to go through!