Become our sponsor and display your banner here

New battledress fea market find

Article about: Picked this up today on the fea market , thinking its a Indian made jacket but not 100% sure

Default New battledress fea market find

Picked this up today on the fea market , thinking its a Indian made jacket but not 100% sure
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	051.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	201.6 KB 
ID:	909606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	050.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	909605  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	047.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	909602   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	048.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	909603  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	049.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	909604  

Lovely BD Blouse, not sure its Indian though. The lining looks too good a quality and I would expect to see a round acceptance stamp on it as well. The buttons are unusual though. If you are interested, this is my Indian Made BD Blouse for comparrison: https://hatchfive.wordpress.com/2015...edress-blouse/

Thank you Warspite , cant see any label or stamps in the jacket was thinking it was indian made from the buttons on it as there was one ths same on google

The style of the buttons is similar, but they look a little bigger than the ones on mine. I wonder if the buttons have been replaced by the original owner at some point. I am surprised there are no stamps inside considering how good the condition of the jacket is- could it be a private purchase example? I am just thinking that with the senior NCO rank, high quality, unusual buttons and lack of any sort of British/Indian etc. acceptance marks it could be a possibility

the rubber shoulder straps buttons denote it a an Australian Made BD blouse, as is often the case of Indian formations: lovely BD blouse, by the way, only I am not at all sure that the Somerset Light Infantry had served with the 8th Indian Division during WWII...