Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Book - "Badges on Battledress"

Article about: Not sure if this is the right place to post this.....but this forthcoming book (actually two books) looks incredible....1,200 pages......5,000 badges!! 'just saying.....

Default New Book - "Badges on Battledress"

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.....but this forthcoming book (actually two books) looks incredible....1,200 pages......5,000 badges!!

'just saying.....

New Book - "Badges on Battledress"New Book - "Badges on Battledress"

£150......The insignia section might have been equally relevant for it's posting
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you Jerry....I’ll post it there too later.

There’s two books in the “set”.....so I guess you could say £75 each.......

I had a look through another book by Jon Mills "Home Front Lapel Badges 1939-1945" it was quite interesting and well illustrated. For anybody who collects British army badges i reckon it'd be worth buying, but on this forum it'll get very limited interest.

I am sure this will be a stunning master work on the subject, but for me the price is prohibitive, British army badges are just one area among my varied interests and it is not a subject I am willing to spend that much on for another reference book -though actually 2 volumes- when I already have more than few books on the subject.

I did actually gift a few original photo's from my collection to Jon which are I believe included within its pages.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi guys

I'm saving up for this and looking forward to adding it to my reference "library."

I only have several books including Cole and Bolanger on British Formation signs.

Phill

I’m not a Badge Guy...and I am “Distributer General” re the flyers.... but I’ve seen drafts...and it looks SWEET

I actually got a sneak preview of both volumes today........whilst I couldn't read them all (not enough time to devour 1,200 pages!) they're visually stunning and if they don't grace a book shelf...they'll certainly help to keep it extremely stable! :-)

....and no, I'm not on commission......!

Coles book was a trailblazer but it's tiny next to this new pairing.....it reminded me of the Tubbs v Baer comparisons (for those of you who do helmets!)