MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

New Flea Market Find!

Article about: Hey guys i got these two items today at my local fleamarket for a total of 30\\$ as a lot. One is a Feb. 44 dated officer jacket with a veterens affair patch. And one is what im thinking is ww

?

Default New Flea Market Find!

Hey guys i got these two items today at my local fleamarket for a total of 30$ as a lot. One is a Feb. 44 dated officer jacket with a veterens affair patch. And one is what im thinking is wwi cavalry pants. They are marked E.Goodman on the inside. The pants are almost mint. The jacket is missing 3 officers buttons but i can always buy new ones and have my grandma sew them back on for me. What is the value on this lot? also i would like to change the patch could anyone tell me the proper techniche on how to sew on a patch. Let me know if you would like more pics!
    Thanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Flea Market Find!   New Flea Market Find!  

New Flea Market Find!   New Flea Market Find!  

New Flea Market Find!   New Flea Market Find!  

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: New Flea Market Find!

Nice finds!

Can't beat that for 30 greenbacks! Flea market finds can be a lot of fun.

?

I missed the big flea market yesterday because i was grounded.. But i guess this made up for it this morning lol.
    Ryan

?

What do you think is the value on the pants.

?

nice finds,..you did well , that's a grand piece of luck. If you want to sew on new patches you may first want to see if it will cover where the old one was to hide any discoloration from new and old material showing out past the patch.
    Notice how the old one was sewn on as you remove it. Draw notes if you must. Sometimes the person who sewed it originally used only a single thread to do it. That means you only knot one end of the thread. More common is two threads. That is where you knot them both together. More common. Single thread stitching is done to keep the method of attaching not so obvious. Blind stitching,..ask your Grandmother, helps even more. Do a little googling will help. However the best way to restore it is to mind how it is on there now. Then copy that.

?

Thanks jws! This jacket im actully going to trade to a usmf member whos military museum use to be an old va hospital. So hes going to trade me another officers jacket but this time with the pants.
    Thanks
    Ryan