Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

new original ww2 usmc p41 jacket with name stencil on back

Article about: hi i am going to purchase this on ebay if its original ww2 but i need to know whether its original ww2 or post ww2 korea or repro thanks for any help

Default new original ww2 usmc p41 jacket with name stencil on back

hi i am going to purchase this on ebay if its original ww2 but i need to know whether its original ww2 or post ww2 korea or repro thanks for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture new original ww2 usmc p41 jacket with name stencil on back   new original ww2 usmc p41 jacket with name stencil on back  

new original ww2 usmc p41 jacket with name stencil on back   new original ww2 usmc p41 jacket with name stencil on back  

new original ww2 usmc p41 jacket with name stencil on back   new original ww2 usmc p41 jacket with name stencil on back  

new original ww2 usmc p41 jacket with name stencil on back  

Default Re: new original ww2 usmc p41 jacket with name stencil on back

The model is the 1941. As far as authenticating it I think it looks pretty good. USMC HBTs were mostly stamped rather than fitted with sewn tags like the army version and these mostly fade. Most reproductions however are made with cheaper cotton that is not high grade Egyptian and mercerized which would be much more expensive to make but is what the originals were made from. Hence after multiple washings the repro will tend to pill and the herringbone weave will not be as visible. I think this example looks pretty good since it has obvious wear and the twill has not become fuzzy.