Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

New Zealand Pacific War Camouflage uniform

Article about: Is this the rarest WW2 camouflage uniform type to survive to present day? The story; In 1941 the standard combat uniform of the NZ Army in tropical zones was khaki cotton drill. At the begin

I have my doubts Lance. Firstly most of the webbing used by the NZ 3rd Division in the Pacific was Canadian made, secondly the colours and pattern to the camo effect is unlike the other examples that came from the Pacific war. The green blanco wasn't used, typically it would be patchy from spray paint or looks dobbed on by a paintbrush.
    I thinks your example is more likely some other branch of the commonwealth services and possibly 1950's usage. The service number is too high for NZ Forces.

Hi,
    thanks for your reply and the information given. I had my doubts on it's origin too, but this does help. Ww2 comonwealth usage seems likely, but post war usage could be possible since the strap buckles on the belt might be P44 webbing. my biggest questionmark was the service number, thanks for letting me know it would be too high for NZ forces. like I said, my knowledge on NZ stuff is quite lacking.
    have a good day!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6