Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Normandy D+14 Patch

Article about: As mentioned before, he was part of the 106th Infantry Division. It bore the initial brunt of the German offensive during the Battle of the Bulge. If I recall correctly, they were located in

?

Default Re: Normandy D+14 Patch

As mentioned before, he was part of the 106th Infantry Division. It bore the initial brunt of the German offensive during the Battle of the Bulge. If I recall correctly, they were located in Schnee-Eiffel region, having just relieved the 2nd ID. The area was considered a quiet zone and was supposed to allow the division a chance to break-in slowly.

After putting up a considerable fight, much of the division surrendered. Prior to leaving the states, the 106th (aka "the Hungry and Sick") had many of its most experienced soldiers transferred as replacements to units already in combat. Also, when they relieved the 2nd ID, they gave the 2nd ID their newer equipment such as machine guns and took the older ones that were already in the defensive positions.

The divison was too green to be able to survive the onslaught that hit them. However they fought well enough to slow up the German advance and buy time.

If you wish to read an excellent book about the divison, read "Lion in the Way."

Thank you for your help i will look up that book. Eric

?

I belive that the ID card is a medics or corpsmans card. All medics carried a special ID card on them.

Josey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12