Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Officer's KD service dress jacket

Article about: Could you post a photo what was used to hold on the buttons . As I have buttons for mine but no idea how to fix them on the tunic . Thanks

CBH
    ?

Could you post a photo what was used to hold on the buttons . As I have buttons for mine but no idea how to fix them on the tunic . Thanks

I just use split rings sold at the hardware shop for key rings, if you get the smallest size they do they are a few pence each.

CBH
    ?

Thanks Ed , here is a shot of mine .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer's KD service dress jacket  

Quote by CBH View Post
    Could you post a photo what was used to hold on the buttons . As I have buttons for mine but no idea how to fix them on the tunic . Thanks
    Here are some period rings in the foreground of this pic, just simple metal rings, they also used R clips, a sort of split pin and I have also seen homemade rings from wire used, the latter two I have but don't have pictures of.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer's KD service dress jacket  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2