Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Old Uniform help

Article about: I know these pics are small and as bad as it gets but can anybody tell me what the uniform might be from? The corners of the collar tabs have anchors, I'm guessing old US Navy but did they e

Default Old Uniform help

I know these pics are small and as bad as it gets but can anybody tell me what the uniform might be from? The corners of the collar tabs have anchors, I'm guessing old US Navy but did they ever issue a dark jacket with white pants??!
    Attached Images Attached Images Old Uniform help  Old Uniform help  Old Uniform help  Old Uniform help 

A blast from the way, way past. This is a US Naval Academy full dress. Single stripe with the star above it indicates a midshipman ensign, a platoon leader in the Brigade of Midshipmen. Yes, with white duck pants in warm weather, navy blue in winter. I used my brother's white ducks when I was at VMI . . . couple extra pairs at no cost, but could only be worn with the full dress coatee or blouse as the cut of the pants had a raised back, this so one could bend over wearing the USNA full dress without the pants popping out in the back. Went way to high in the back back in the days white ducks and white short sleeve shirts, a combination that went away a long, long time ago, after I'd already graduated (1974), circa 1978 or so, when they switched to grey cotton trousers.
    Last edited by RLeonard; 04-12-2021 at 06:17 PM.