Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on 5th Army Air Force Ike

Article about: Hello All. I was hoping to have some opinions on the below piece presently offered for sale. I'm not familiar with an Ike of this style so any input would be greatly appreciated. I do know t

Default Opinions on 5th Army Air Force Ike

Hello All. I was hoping to have some opinions on the below piece presently offered for sale. I'm not familiar with an Ike of this style so any input would be greatly appreciated.

I do know the wings are a modern copy.

Thank you.

Opinions on 5th Army Air Force IkeOpinions on 5th Army Air Force IkeOpinions on 5th Army Air Force IkeOpinions on 5th Army Air Force IkeOpinions on 5th Army Air Force Ike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on 5th Army Air Force Ike  

Hi Ed,

That is a nice Officers' private tailored/purchased IKE !!

Great example.

Cheers!
    Taka

Thank you Taka!

Would the pilot's wings be a reasonable expectation on an Ike like this? If I were to purchase this I would replace the copy that is on there. Generally I don't add or remove items not presently on a piece but this would already have the holes.

You are welcome Ed.

Nothing wrong with having a wing on Ike jackets, and I would recommend to replace a genuine wing for this example for sure.

Well, a pilot officers Ike. Now I'm little jealous, lol !

Any name tag in the inner pocket?

Cheers!
    Taka

A nice authentic summer use Ike. There is no reason why this should not have pilots wings on it.

Thank you both!

Taka- I've not yet had the pleasure of inspecting this in hand so I don't know yet if there are any other tags or identifying features. If all works out I will certainly let you know.

Don't let this bird go, or you will be regret big time.

The more I look at it the more I like !

It has one year oversea bar, and with a occupation bar, so he probably fought with Japan and stayed there for a little.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Summer Ike's are hard to find.

Thank you for all the reponses!

It's mine!

I really liked it and have not seen another like it. I appreciate all of your help.

It was actually listed on eBay. Every once in a while you can find a gem in that pile of turd so I keep my eyes open. There were 11 others watching it and it closed tonight but thankfully no one had bid and there was a buy it now.

I'll post pictures when I receive it!

Thank you again Taka, Doug and Steve!

Anytime, Ed.

Now you need a nice summer crusher cap, and a pair of pink trousers for the set up.

WWII Army Air Corps Pilot "50 Mission Crusher" Cap or Hat w Luxemburg Eagle | eBay

I can imagine now !

Cheers!
    Taka

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast