Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions about US uniforms

Article about: G'day Nuno Mate Happy New Year To You Hey is the 4 pocket jacket a bi swing? ie. a pleat with bagging at the rear of each shoulder (adds a little extra value) and are the tags legible in eac

Default re: Opinions about US uniforms

G'day Nuno Mate
    Happy New Year To You

Hey is the 4 pocket jacket a bi swing? ie. a pleat with bagging at the rear of each shoulder (adds a little extra value) and are the tags legible in each set?
    With the complete set I'd need to check the trousers as they could be post 45 - these should not have a pocket flap at the rear. Late 45 pat had these ( I think Nov 45)
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-31-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: added text

Default re: Opinions about US uniforms

Got the 2nd uniform, the auction ended a few hours ago.
    Its myne.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Default Re: Opinions about US uniforms

I found this photo online but i noticed the 43rd patch is on the right shoulder.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions about US uniforms  

That the left shoulder there can be patches on both shoulders. If i remeber correctly Left shoulder is current unit that unit is in.

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    That the left shoulder there can be patches on both shoulders. If i remeber correctly Left shoulder is current unit that unit is in.
    Here is myne for comparison. It has it on the left.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/unifo...ry-div-135384/

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Here is myne for comparison. It has it on the left.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/unifo...ry-div-135384/
    When the patch would switch shoulders that was indication he switched units. I cant recall the patch on the left should

Strange that the right insignia is mark of 97th Infantry... When the patch it self is not on the tunic. Sort of looks like a put together to me.

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    When the patch would switch shoulders that was indication he switched units. I cant recall the patch on the left should

Strange that the right insignia is mark of 97th Infantry... When the patch it self is not on the tunic. Sort of looks like a put together to me.
    Thank you for your opinion.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

If you saw combat with a unit and later were transfered to another unit, you were allowed to continue to wear your old units patch on the left shoulder.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    If you saw combat with a unit and later were transfered to another unit, you were allowed to continue to wear your old units patch on the left shoulder.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks ade, i get that mixed up......

My pleasure. This is still allowed in the current US Army of today.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2