Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions about US uniforms

Article about: G'day Nuno Mate Happy New Year To You Hey is the 4 pocket jacket a bi swing? ie. a pleat with bagging at the rear of each shoulder (adds a little extra value) and are the tags legible in eac

Default Opinions about US uniforms

Im being offered these.
    What are your opinions about them, original, fake, put together?
    Thanks
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions about US uniforms   Opinions about US uniforms  

Opinions about US uniforms   Opinions about US uniforms  

Default re: Opinions about US uniforms

Another one.
    This one is complete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions about US uniforms   Opinions about US uniforms  

Opinions about US uniforms   Opinions about US uniforms  

I would say the uniforms are real but the attachments are put together. I'm not sure about overseas caps with the unit badge on them and the piping on this cap is Red which would have been coastal artillery. The collar brass is artillery, but not coastal artillery. The red arrow is the 32nd Infantry which did fight in the Pacific on many of the islands so the ribbons are correct but look like new to me. I would say this one looks made up. The second Ike jacket is the 43rd division which saw heavy combat in the Pacific also. This one looks alot better than the first as far as the patches but it has Quartermaster collar brass ( possible) and two differnt insignias on the lapel? I have been wrong before but these look a bit questionable. If you can get them on the cheap side you could get the correct insignia easily.

Burt

?

I agree with Burt's assessment. Without any kind of provanence, I would only pay for the sum of the parts.

Hi Burt, sorry you are mistaken here; the collar brass on the Ike jacket is for Transportation Corps not QM Corps.

And the overseas cap piping being red is correct for Field Artillery, as are the collar brass and the Distinctive Unit insignia for the 121st Field Artillery, which was part of the 32nd US Ind Div in WW2.

Hi Nuno, I see no problems with them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nuno, out of curiosity how much does the complete one cost?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

I think they are nice ones.
    I find complete US uniforms all the time.
    The 32nd is right as rain buddy.
    The other one has no problems either.

Thank you very much all of you.
    The complete one is 160 euros, the main problem will be customs, it will increase the price a lot.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

The finished the math, with shipping and customs, the price will be 220euros.
    Maybe a bit overpriced due to shipping and customs service but theres no other way.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

The 32nd is a nice early tunic from a National Guard Division that served 654 days of combat ( the most of any US Army Division of WWII ) in New Guinea alongside Austrailian forces and in the Philippines. They lost 7,268 men killed and wounded in the 2 major campains and served occupation duty in Japan till 1946.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast