Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?

Article about: Hi everybody. I did some other studies about this jacket. Remember about the buttoms producers? They were working for USA forces during WW2 and is possible to find them in some uniforms. I u

Default Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?

Hi,

i was wondering if its a original WWII M42 airborne Jacket or just a replica well used for reenacting?

The history told by the seller, about this item, was too good to be true, so.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?   Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?  

Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?   Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?  

Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?   Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?  

Default Re: Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?

Looks like a good original jacket. I like the features shown. I used to own one back in the 1980's.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you, Ade.

Its 1000% Original!!

?

Greetings All,

Why would the collar edge look so worn out, out of proportion with the wear on other parts of the jacket--elbows, zipper etc..???

Mike

Hi Mike, back in the late 1970's and 1980's I used to re-enact as US Infantry. We only wore original kit. It was always the collars on M41/M43 jackets etc which wore out first. Just down to the type of cotton material these are made from.

Cheers, Ade.

Very good morning
    I am new here, sorry. I saw this post and I am very curious about identify a Airborne jacket from WW2. Let me tell you that fastener buttons on sleeves, neck and poclets are from two different productors - RAU & Co. and Scovill Mfg Co. - these business seems to be from UK and Switzerland. Ziper is little from Talon with no underline like the pictures from fpicoli, and at the end have a little 0,5cm clear plastic (maybe reposition). Some buttons are rusty. I have no UV light to check 82nd patche and the corporal rank, or even the AmerOriginal Airborne M42 jacket or replica?Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?Original Airborne M42 jacket or replica?ican flag on the right sleeve. Textile (fabric?) is in good condition, with no holes anywhere. I saw the fpicoli pictures and seems to be that we have something different here. Can you help me?

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I am certain this is a replica jacket. I am going by the colour of the fabric, pop fasteners and the stitching.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you so much. I will follow any other info here and search for other topics. This seems to be the right place to talk about "old militaria".

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I am certain this is a replica jacket. I am going by the colour of the fabric, pop fasteners and the stitching.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade is right, it just seems like a repro.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast