Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Pair of British KD shorts... Do they look good?

Article about: Hello, I think I'll start building my WW2 Crete British soldier as all I need is a nice pair of KD shorts and a nice drill tunic... So, I found this pair online and I would love your experti

Default Pair of British KD shorts... Do they look good?

Hello,

I think I'll start building my WW2 Crete British soldier as all I need is a nice pair of KD shorts and a nice drill tunic...
    So, I found this pair online and I would love your expertise since it is not my field...

What do you guys think?

Thank you very much!
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pair of British KD shorts... Do they look good?   Pair of British KD shorts... Do they look good?  

Pair of British KD shorts... Do they look good?   Pair of British KD shorts... Do they look good?  

Pair of British KD shorts... Do they look good?  

it's a late war pattern, usually dated 1945, not really a piece of uniform that would have been worn in 1941.

Loupie1961 is bang on. The date letter (L) on the acceptance stamp dates them to 1945.

very useful thread here from JerryB which may help you in the future:
    WWII British broad arrow letter codes and their meaning

Ok! I'll pass on this one then... Thank you gentlmen! May I post 2-3 others that I found so that you may advice me?

I'll have a look at the thread!

As already posted, L is for 1945 so not suitable for a 1941 display. There is a good coverage of the types and changes to KD shorts in Martin Brayley's book Khaki Drill and Jungle Green
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pair of British KD shorts... Do they look good?   Pair of British KD shorts... Do they look good?  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

So, if I get this correctly I'm looking for something like C... With a single pocket at the back and with date letters of Q or P... Right?

C would probably be best but A & B would also be fine.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry! And since we are on this thread, I've posted new photos of the Para badge from the seller if you want to have a look!