Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Possible New Guinea boots

Article about: Good day, I received this pair of boots from a friend, he got them with a story that they were from the late 40's. As i want to put together a display of the dutch New Guinea period (my gran

?

Default Possible New Guinea boots

Good day,

I received this pair of boots from a friend, he got them with a story that they were from the late 40's. As i want to put together a display of the dutch New Guinea period (my grandfather fought there) so the question is, if the boots indeed are period items. Did some research om the Hood Rubber co. but to no avail... Also searching for the outfit worn by the soliers there was not conclusive.

As he enlisted in may 45' he was called a so-called oorlogsvrijwilliger (war volenteer) initially to be send to the pacific theathre (but wasn't due to the war ending)and was given his training in the USA. He was part of the "Dutch Marine Group Holland USA"
    Got some other items from him, M1 bayonet, compass, and K-bar fighting knive, all ww2 dated USMC stuff...

Possible New Guinea bootsPossible New Guinea bootsPossible New Guinea bootsPossible New Guinea bootsPossible New Guinea boots

Hi, i've not seen this exact type of boot before but i doubt they would be issued in a tropical area like New Guinea, these boots would have led to all kinds of foot problems due to the feet being unable to breathe. Even back in the 40s there were proper leather and textile jungle boots!...

Possible New Guinea boots
    1940s issue US jungle boots!...

?

Ok, thank you for the response. Guess you right about the feet not being able to breathe in them, its quite thick, heavy leather. Allthough the're not suitable for jungle warfare. Still would like to know what they are then. So if anyone recognizes them..... Any ideas are welcome

Regards, Bas

They're WW2 type (may be post war) US shoe pacs for cold weather use

(Alternate spellings shoe-pac and shoepac)

?

Thank you very much for the info! Did a little google search and indeed.... Some very similar boots show up. Especially the soles are very distinctive. So... Maybe i should make a winter display then and at least continue searching for actual jungle boots.

Regards, Bas

?

Indeed quite expensive.... I'm not in a hurry with this display, and got a lot of other parts of kit to buy (and establish what they exactly did wear at the time)
    But thanks for the heads-up....