MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Post WW2 USMC Jacket

Article about: Hi everyone, Im wondering if anyone can help me identify the date of this jacket. From my bit of research i can see it is a "training jacket" but i am unsure of date as the marks i

Default Post WW2 USMC Jacket

Hi everyone,

Im wondering if anyone can help me identify the date of this jacket. From my bit of research i can see it is a "training jacket" but i am unsure of date as the marks inside are faded and worn.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post WW2 USMC Jacket   Post WW2 USMC Jacket  

Default Re: Post WW2 USMC Jacket

I know the pockets on this Vietnam era one are slanted but the cammo pattern is VERY similar - so I'm going 1960's

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post WW2 USMC Jacket  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

NCA
    ?

It look to have the 'elvis' collar so i reckon your jacket is from the early 80's when the woodland pattern was first issued.
    Are the labels white?They changed to green in later issues and the collar size was reduced.

NCA
    ?

Heres a great thread showing all the different types. ERDL & Woodland Camo Uniforms - UNIFORMS [REF] - U.S. Militaria Forum

Quote by NCA View Post
    Heres a great thread showing all the different types. ERDL & Woodland Camo Uniforms - UNIFORMS [REF] - U.S. Militaria Forum
    Fantastic,thanks for the information guys

Yep that's woodland for sure, so 80s onwards!...

?

Yes indeed. The Gents above are correct about those being woodland cammies and the 80's time frame. Its not a training jacket.Its what we wore every day!!!I still have a couple set's in my old duffel bag
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Those above are correct about woodland for sure, I wore the Woodland in winter and the ERDL in summer during the early 80's. ERDL had split pockets and was ripstop popland, also I would say pre 1991 since it does not appear to have ever been fitted with name tapes which the Corps added after the Gulf War.

Semper Fi