Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post WWI Brittish Tunic - Please Help - What do I have here and what is value???

Article about: Hello, I picked these two tunics up at a flea market today for a very reasonable price. I took a chance on them as I do not collect generally UK militaria. I posted them in the WWI section a

Default Post WWI Brittish Tunic - Please Help - What do I have here and what is value???

Hello,
    I picked these two tunics up at a flea market today for a very reasonable price.
    I took a chance on them as I do not collect generally UK militaria.
    I posted them in the WWI section and I was told they are NOT WWI era tunics.
    Please tell me, what do I have here?
    Also what is an approximate value for each of them?
    Thank you in advance.

UP FIRST IS TUNIC #1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post WWI Brittish Tunic - Please Help - What do I have here and what is value???   Post WWI Brittish Tunic - Please Help - What do I have here and what is value???  

Post WWI Brittish Tunic - Please Help - What do I have here and what is value???   Post WWI Brittish Tunic - Please Help - What do I have here and what is value???  

Post WWI Brittish Tunic - Please Help - What do I have here and what is value???   Post WWI Brittish Tunic - Please Help - What do I have here and what is value???  

Next up is tunic #2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post WWI Brittish Tunic - Please Help - What do I have here and what is value???   Post WWI Brittish Tunic - Please Help - What do I have here and what is value???  

Post WWI Brittish Tunic - Please Help - What do I have here and what is value???  

I answered this for you in the original thread you posted, circa WWII period, probably 1943 in date, OR's service dress tunic with plastic GS buttons, worth circa £100-150.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you.
    I was told by another member in a PM that they were not used past WWII, is that correct?

Also, how can you tell when it was made?
    There is a date on the tag but impossible to read.

The N over the WD arrow is for 1943 and they continued in use in certain circumstances into the 1960's both of which I posted in the original thread.
    Regards,

Jerry

I guess I should go back and re-read the original thread.

Is there a website you can point me to for more info on these (unless of course you posted one in the original thread already)?

try a search here on the forum for 1922 pattern SD tunics as there is no website covering them, just this and other forums. There is a pinned thread in the tunic section listing the WD arrow letter dates which I posted.
    Regards,

Jerry

Anton,

Jerry has said it all. I will add that your jackets are original not repros. 4th pattern 02 AKA 1922 pattern are creeping up in price I would perhaps be a little more conservative and say £70-100 each. Scottish pattern cut aways a little more and as Jerry has said already worn into the early 1960's. A quick identifier of a WW1 jacket is the two pleats under the collar leading to the rifle patches and normally a number over letter stamp not as yours which is letter over number. NB these have been faked so take care. Original 02 pattern jackets £1200-1500 take a look around militaria mart and you can see the range. WW1 trousers £1500-2000 if you can find a pair although amazingly a pair sold on ebay for £650 last month someone scored that day! .

regards

Mark

This dealer has a few for £150, though most of the time this site is top end in their prices, this dealer Britton at War has a very worn example at £80 and a few other examples that are a bit more circa £100. The second dealer is a member on this forum.
    Regards,

Jerry

Jerry who is the first dealer please?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast