Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps Officers Service Dress jacket (Named)

Article about: Hiya, this is my only Nurses tunic. On the 1st February 1949 the wartime QAIMNS (Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service) became a corps and were renamed The Queen Alexandra’s Ro

Default Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps Officers Service Dress jacket (Named)

Hiya, this is my only Nurses tunic.

On the 1st February 1949 the wartime QAIMNS (Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service) became a corps and were renamed The Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps Initially the Corps only had nursing officers in the regular service with supplementary staff from the Territorial Army (TA) and the Regular Army Reservists. The next year, 1950, student nursing began. This saw the introduction of Other Ranks (OR's) servicewomen. The members of the Territorial Army Nursing Service (TANS) were integrated into the Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps and the TANS were disbanded.

I bought this at a show at Bletchley Park many years ago complete with the skirt. Price was £20 As you can see the condition is really good. Quality is lovely. All the buttons and collar insignia had been carefully wrapped in tissue paper! It was complete with the lanyard. Rank is for a Subaltern. Both jacket & skirt are named to original owner "Subaltern O.C.L Foster, 13339". So far I have not be able to research her.

This early one dates from between 1949 and 1952. Note the collar dogs and buttons with the Kings Crown.

The Corps is still active today:

QARANC - Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps

Cheers, Lez.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps Officers Service Dress jacket (Named)   Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps Officers Service Dress jacket (Named)  

Default Re: Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps Officers Service Dress jacket (Named)

Details from the makers label and a close up on the collar dog.

Cheers, Lez.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps Officers Service Dress jacket (Named)   Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps Officers Service Dress jacket (Named)