Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Queens own lowland yeomanry 58 dated uniform

Article about: Picked this up awhile ago curious if there is anyway to look up the soldiers info? Named inside to a C DE P Berry also curious about the light bulb on the sleeve. I read that until the mid 6

Default Queens own lowland yeomanry 58 dated uniform

Queens own lowland yeomanry 58 dated uniformQueens own lowland yeomanry 58 dated uniformQueens own lowland yeomanry 58 dated uniformQueens own lowland yeomanry 58 dated uniform

Picked this up awhile ago curious if there is anyway to look up the soldiers info? Named inside to a C DE P Berry also curious about the light bulb on the sleeve. I read that until the mid 60s this was still worn to show you had attended the RAF parachute school.

Looks good. Researching modern soldiers is not easy, try and see if there is a regimental museum or association. The lightbulb badge means as you mention that he passed the para qualification course but was not a para.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

How long does it normally take in the British army rank system to make Lieutenant?

If you go though the Military Academy Sandhurst you will move to your unit as a 2nd Lt and maybe a few years latter you could pick up full Lt, if working your way though the ranks it would take many years service

London Gazette confirms Claude De Pomeroy Berry (459212) commissioned 2nd Lt, in the 16/5th Lancers, 19th December 1958. Promoted Lt 19th December 1960. He appears to have left the regulars and joined TA as he is then listed as Lt (late 16/5th Lancers), 8th December 1964, with the Lowland Yeomanry (TA).

Cheers, Tom

Thank you for the responses gentlemen! It seems he became an art dealer from what I have found online. I'm not sure when he left the military.

Also of note is on the shoulder boards you can see where just the one rank pip and a shoulder title had been worn at one time.

I havent been able to find any info on his parachute training or how long he continued on in the TA.

?

No one by that name in the Spring 1970 Army List.

BobS