Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

R.E. Austerity Service Dress

Article about: Hi All, Been a while since I posted something from my own collection so, we have a Austerity pattern R.E. Tunic to an E. W. Schwehr in 1944, although it has been up ranked to a Major before

Default R.E. Austerity Service Dress Tunic

Hi All,
    Been a while since I posted something from my own collection so, we have a Austerity pattern R.E. Tunic to an E. W. Schwehr in 1944, although it has been up ranked to a Major before I purchased it and one of the epaulette buttons has been swapped out for a non R.E. button I have spares to sort it (It was hard to pass on for £10), the only record I've found for an E.W. Schwehr was as a 2nd Lieutenant in 1944 of the Royal Engineers, I have found an Eric William Schwehr born in 1922 from Lewisham to a Francis J. Schwehr and a Hilda Irene Schwehr (Maiden name Eisen). Hope you find it as interesting as I did.

Apologies about picture quality, I still need a decent camera and the pictures appear to have flipped

Matt K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture R.E. Austerity Service Dress   R.E. Austerity Service Dress  

R.E. Austerity Service Dress   R.E. Austerity Service Dress  

R.E. Austerity Service Dress  

Rather sad that such as this commands so little in the market, jeez.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 08-22-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry, There was barely any description with it, the title was just "british army royal engineers jacket" and no mention of it being named to anyone, so it was a nice surprise to see the label left intact.

Matt

Sorry to update such an old thread, but I thought some new pictures wouldn't go amiss for future reference to anyone.

Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture R.E. Austerity Service Dress   R.E. Austerity Service Dress