Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RACT Tunic 1950s

Article about: its called a iphone mate !! not the best camera in the world.

Default RACT Tunic 1950s

Bought this very cheaply Lt Col RACT tunic 1952 .
    Its moth damaged but still a bargain cant seem to trace the individual yet.
    Has FREMCH LTCOL 6563 or could be a 6567
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RACT Tunic 1950s   RACT Tunic 1950s  

RACT Tunic 1950s   RACT Tunic 1950s  

RACT Tunic 1950s  

?

Default Re: RACT Tunic 1950s

I was a member of the RACT....it only became the RACT in 1974..... so this would have been a RAASC tunic beforehand. I have a copy of the corps histories, see if I can find the name for you....

Possibly never issued until much later. Nice BD either way.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Is the backing on the flash and pips black? RACT is royal blue and red......the colours were chosen when the transport role was separated from the RAE and given to the newly formed RACT....hence the blue and red represent the engineer and service corps colours.....so a black and red would seem wierd as they are the colours of the RACMP

- - Updated - -

The LT COL could have had throughout his career maybe, just swapped flashes

AIF
    ?

Maybe this bloke served under him?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RACT Tunic 1950s   RACT Tunic 1950s  

?

You can see the colour difference in the flashes between the original posted and the nasty SGTs blouse....I had one issued to me in 1991, but it has since disappeared

AIF
    ?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    You can see the colour difference in the flashes between the original posted and the nasty SGTs blouse....I had one issued to me in 1991, but it has since disappeared
    Whoa!! Hold on there now mate!! This isn't a nasty SGT's Battle dress It's a custom tailored one... He obviously didn't fit an issued one ... I think he was a short little fat bloke LOL

It looks like its Black Wolf. I'll check it again in natural light mate. Shame its so Mothy though

AIF
    ?

I think It is just Michaels pics Tony... He is well known for his bad photos but these seem to be good compared to most

I saw It before he bought it... Although I am colour blind the colour of the flashes looked to be royal blue like they are supposed to be... I told him the same thing the owner must of been in the RAASC for quite some time... And we all know how popular the BD was, so that would explain the age of it.

?

I was referring to the "nasty" TPT SGT, not the lovely tunic! I was one of those, but long after these BD were phased out.....I'll have to track one down, they do look good

During the postings I had, especially to units like 2 CAV REGT, 5/7 RAR and NORFORCE....us truckies wore that units lanyard, sometimes even the RACT lanyard on the left hand side if posted to a Infantry Battalion, as the grunts wear their lanyards on the left, or in 2 CAV we wore black berets with truckies badges, and the emu plumes in the slouchie whilst posted to the unit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast