Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RAF Flt Lt Tunic

Article about: Good morning gentlemen , I "strayed away" from my usual area of German helmets/badges and picked this up the other day. My question is do you think it is WW2 period or post war. Th

?

Hi, I have just recently joined and wanted to say that's a nice uniform you have got there fallsch.

Quote by RAFboy View Post
    Hi, I have just recently joined and wanted to say that's a nice uniform you have got there fallsch.
    Hello and welcome to the forum, thank you for your kind words! Leon.

The VR badge was worn by Officers of the RAF Volunteer Reserve... most of Bomber Command were staffed by VR.
    The VR badges were abolished mid-1943.
    There were 2 basic attachments on the back of the VRs. The lugs through which a wire spring clip was slid; and the flat, bend-over tines. There is no period differential between the two types.

RAF Flt Lt Tunic

The tined version.

There are two sizes. Large and Small. The larger ones are the pattern for Great Coats; not tunic lapels. The correct tunic letters measure 12 to 14 mm (3/8 in) high. They do vary in pattern - some are quite roughly stamped, and almost never have manufacturers names marked on the reverse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2