Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform

Article about: Hi After I was unable to buy the Royal Warwickshire Regiment uniform I saw this and I brought it. Its is a nice and worn tunic and trouser set to a Leading Aircraftmen and the seller stated

Default RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform

Hi

After I was unable to buy the Royal Warwickshire Regiment uniform I saw this and I brought it.

Its is a nice and worn tunic and trouser set to a Leading Aircraftmen and the seller stated it is a war time example.(He was selling many RAF tunics and he seemed to know his stuff).

More photographs to follow when it arrives.

Thanks

Cameron
    Attached Images Attached Images RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform  RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform 
    Last edited by Cameron Stockton; 02-10-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Default Re: RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform

Hi

Well, it arrived.

It looks like at some point someone has removed the makers label from the jacket, so I would very much appreciated it if someone could help date it. It also looks like it has the printed economy pattern Leading Aircraftmen insignia which I hope is a sign of World War Two issue?

Photographs of the trousers to follow.

Thanks

Camerob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform   RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform  

RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform   RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform  

RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform   RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform  

RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform  

I agree. The black/very dark blue backed albatross and propellor badges are consistent with war time. They match those on my 1941 dated jacket. My 1951 dated jacket has blue backing to the badge.

I have compared your pictures with my two jackets and it very much matches the wartime one. I can see only two differences between my 41 and 51 dated jackets. The 41 dated example has a grey blue lining (looks the same as yours) whereas the 51 dated example has a distinct purplish hue to it. Also, the white label is on the left hand side (left when being worn,) on the wartime example (I think yours is too) but on the right for the postwar jacket.

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    I agree. The black/very dark blue backed albatross and propellor badges are consistent with war time. They match those on my 1941 dated jacket. My 1951 dated jacket has blue backing to the badge.

I have compared your pictures with my two jackets and it very much matches the wartime one. I can see only two differences between my 41 and 51 dated jackets. The 41 dated example has a grey blue lining (looks the same as yours) whereas the 51 dated example has a distinct purplish hue to it. Also, the white label is on the left hand side (left when being worn,) on the wartime example (I think yours is too) but on the right for the postwar jacket.
    Hi

Thank you for the information, Im so glad its a period example!. Was £51.00 (including postage and packaging) a good price?

Thanks

Cameron

Yes I think that was a perfectly fair price.

The letter O above the WD arrow mark would make it 1942 for when it was accepted if it is a WWII issue, as they do recycle the letters, but it looks WWII, so 1942 it is.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The letter O above the WD arrow mark would make it 1942 for when it was accepted if it is a WWII issue, as they do recycle the letters, but it looks WWII, so 1942 it is.
    Hi

Thanks Jerry!

Cameron

Hi

Here are the trousers.

Cameron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform   RAF Leading Aircraftman Uniform  

Hi

I have been looking at the trousers closely and I have the feeling that they might be post-war.

Cameron

Yes, post war label. Probably 1960's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast