Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Regiment Tunic

Article about: Hi all. Picked this up the other day in an antique shop. I was drawn to it first for the RAF Regiment shoulder titles and then to the fact that it only has the N. Africa star ribbon, which t

Default RAF Regiment Tunic

Hi all. Picked this up the other day in an antique shop. I was drawn to it first for the RAF Regiment shoulder titles and then to the fact that it only has the N. Africa star ribbon, which to me indicates a wartime as opposed to a post- war worn tunic? I had to use flash on the pics so the overall, salty condition does not really come across, however all wear appears consistent with age etc. Any opinions are appreciated. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Regiment Tunic   RAF Regiment Tunic  

RAF Regiment Tunic   RAF Regiment Tunic  

Looks honest to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It was formed in 1942, let me check our archives for you, of the top of my head more likely post war when we were in Aden.
    Ben

The shoulder title was certainly worn during the war. Introduced under AMO/466 in 1942.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the comments, Gents. The Regiment certainly saw service in N. Africa. What makes you think Aden, Ben?