Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

RAF related 1941 dated NZ Battle Dress Blouse

Article about: A recent purchase: a 1941 dated New Zeland made BD blouse with the R.A.F. slides of a Pilot Officer. I was wondering about the apparent lack of any sign of Pilot wings having ever been stitc

Default RAF related 1941 dated NZ Battle Dress Blouse

A recent purchase: a 1941 dated New Zeland made BD blouse with the R.A.F. slides of a Pilot Officer. I was wondering about the apparent lack of any sign of Pilot wings having ever been stitched to the BD, sine it sports an Africa Star ribbon at their place, when I have found a very small stamp with the name Streeten: made a short research on the Internet and a Pilot Officer H.F.F. Streeten serving in the R.A.F. Balloon service ha turned out! I guess you don't need to be a Pilot, in order to serve an AA balloon...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF related 1941 dated NZ Battle Dress Blouse   RAF related 1941 dated NZ Battle Dress Blouse  

RAF related 1941 dated NZ Battle Dress Blouse   RAF related 1941 dated NZ Battle Dress Blouse  

RAF related 1941 dated NZ Battle Dress Blouse   RAF related 1941 dated NZ Battle Dress Blouse  

RAF related 1941 dated NZ Battle Dress Blouse  

Its a lovely blouse, well done. Of course, many pilot officers were not actually pilots, inspite of the name.

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Its a lovely blouse, well done. Of course, many pilot officers were not actually pilots, inspite of the name.
    further info form the Service List of the R.A.F.: Streeten Herbert Francis Friend, P. Unov. (i can't figure out what this could stand for), R.A.F.V.R. Balloon Branch