Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAF Uniform what type are they

Article about: by Grimebox The knife is worth around £250 - £300 on its own (assuming that it is the correct knife - was it found in the pocket in the boot?). Price will be dependant on size and condition

Default RAF Uniform what type are they

Recently picked up an old RAF jacket and boots. I am assuming that they are WW2?

Could someone tell me what type of jacket and boots they are and rough idea of value.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Uniform what type are they   RAF Uniform what type are they  

RAF Uniform what type are they   RAF Uniform what type are they  

RAF Uniform what type are they   RAF Uniform what type are they  

Default Re: RAF Uniform what type are they

The jacket is an RAF Irvin (I think mid to late war), the boots are 1943 pattern Escape boots

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    The jacket is an RAF Irvin (I think mid to late war), the boots are 1943 pattern Escape boots
    As stated and worth more than a couple of quid, in fact quite valuable assuming they are original.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks the boots also come with an old knife which I found touched inside - is this correct did they have knives in the boots???

The knife is worth around £250 - £300 on its own (assuming that it is the correct knife - was it found in the pocket in the boot?). Price will be dependant on size and condition (The larger the size the more you get!)

I think knives were added to the escape boots so the escapee could cut the tops of the flying boots off in order to make them look like civilian shoes.

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    The knife is worth around £250 - £300 on its own (assuming that it is the correct knife - was it found in the pocket in the boot?). Price will be dependant on size and condition (The larger the size the more you get!)
    Thanks does this look correct.

SimonRAF Uniform what type are theyRAF Uniform what type are they

Yes, that is the escape knife for the escape boots. This is almost always missing from the boots, hence, the value. It also looks to be in good condition. Your boots are in relatively poor condition unfortunately which will affect the value.

I own two pairs of these boots (about a quarter of the way down the page);

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/airbo...more-188790-4/

Thanks for letting me know. Interesting about the cutting of the boots to blend in.

In relation to the Irvin, you might to scroll through this thread to see if you can find one which matches yours,

ALL ORIGINAL Irvin RAF type Jackets - Loving that Wolf in sheeps' clothing!!

Again the condition does not look great, however, there are a number of companies which restore them. Price, as always, is dependant on size and condition. As people still like to wear them the bigger sizes will always command a higher price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast