Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or Bad

Article about: I'm unsure as to whether this RAF Warrant Officer's Tunic is original 'as is' or whether some items have been added to it. The right hand 'VR' seems correct for the Service Dress but the lef

Default RAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or Bad

I'm unsure as to whether this RAF Warrant Officer's Tunic is original 'as is' or whether some items have been added to it.

The right hand 'VR' seems correct for the Service Dress but the left hand 'VR' seems to be that from the Greatcoat.

Also, the Eagle on the pocket flap shows a fixing which may or may not be correct for a version of the Pathfinder Eagle.

Having photographed and enlarged the Tailor's Label, it appears that the date may be 1945.

All in all, I have very mixed feelings about this one.

Any thoughts are, as ever, gratefully received.

Regards

MartinRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or BadRAF Warrant Officer Air Gunner's Service Dress ~ Good or Bad

Any opinions, anybody?

I'd hate to consign it to the attic ('no' pile) before getting some learned opinions.

Regards

Martin

I think its been dressed up a little, not certain why it would have a flight crew eagle attached to the top pocket, it should be on the arm if you're sergeant/ flight sergeant, above the chevrons. Also the Volunteer reserve badges don't seem to be a pair.
    "Per Ardua"

Thanks for that. The Pathfinder badge was worn on the pocket flap but I'm not even sure that is proper Pathfinder badge.

Regards

Martin

?

I have had a lot of these screw back, pin on, and prongs. never seen one with the standard hoops on the back. Its the same badge used on the Officers cap . A Crown goes above the Chevrons not this Eagle. I think its been dressed up a little. Rob

for flight crew the eagle goes above the chevrons and in the case of a flight sergeant, below the crown:

RAF Ranks | Royal Air Force
    "Per Ardua"