Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RAMC badged Canadian made BD 1945?

Article about: Hi Rob, You are correct about the miss identification of the book, as I found out after I posted it. I downloaded the complete book (Formation badges) and I also have a copy of Heraldry in w

Default Re: RAMC badged Canadian made BD 1945?

Hi Rob,

You are correct about the miss identification of the book, as I found out after I posted it. I downloaded the complete book (Formation badges) and I also have a copy of Heraldry in war in the post.

I'll look into Waring's book.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice work guys.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Bond View Post
    Hi Rob,

You are correct about the miss identification of the book, as I found out after I posted it. I downloaded the complete book (Formation badges) and I also have a copy of Heraldry in war in the post.

I'll look into Waring's book.
    Good luck finding a copy of Waring, it literally took me 20 years to find a copy of Pamphlet 1 and 2. They were pretty much hand-made in a very limited number around 1967. Horrible to use, no index, not really set out in order, no background info but, especially in the section on WW1 cloth insignia, full of information that just isn't anywhere else

You should definitely look out for Cole's Badges on Battledress too. This was a small book from 1949 (second edition 1951), written as a supplement to Heraldry in War to cover badges continued and introduced since the war. Again, it has patches that are not covered in any other reference. My copy was actually owned by the library of No 72 Army Education Centre, Seremban, Malaysia , and is marked FOR THE USE OF H.M. FORCES - NOT FOR RESALE

Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2