Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Rasc bd

Article about: Thanks, it's a nice looking BD, which is why I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it Yes, it has the London Division cat on the left sleeve. Rob

Default Re: Rasc bd

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    More expence now then Jerry!
    Indeed, but the BD was very cheap and hopefully a 50's example will be cheaper than a WWII version.

Some more pics to try and capture it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3141.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	270.8 KB 
ID:	340307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3137.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	264.1 KB 
ID:	340306  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3140.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	270.3 KB 
ID:	340308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3139.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	264.8 KB 
ID:	340309  

Name:	DSCF3138.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	266.6 KB 
ID:	340310  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yes, you can see it for sure. Trouble is, the is no real difference between a "ww2" wing and a 1950's one in my opinion. So they are all "WW2" when it comes to being sold. Just like printed "WW2" Pegasus flashes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Yes, you can see it for sure. Trouble is, the is no real difference between a "ww2" wing and a 1950's one in my opinion. So they are all "WW2" when it comes to being sold. Just like printed "WW2" Pegasus flashes.

Cheers, Ade.
    I feared that might be the case, same as for luftwaffe HG cap eagles on a black backing, always sold as HG, but many would have been mechanics!!!
    Regards,

Jerry

Exactly....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

What a nice little 'extra', makes a nice example of a 1949 BD into a very nice example

On the ww2 vs 1950s parachute qualification badges, I am fairly sure there is no discernible difference. I have a 1949 BD with it's original parachute badge still on it though, so I could take a picture as a 'reference' on this.

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    What a nice little 'extra', makes a nice example of a 1949 BD into a very nice example

On the ww2 vs 1950s parachute qualification badges, I am fairly sure there is no discernible difference. I have a 1949 BD with it's original parachute badge still on it though, so I could take a picture as a 'reference' on this.

Rob
    That would be good if you can Rob and much appreciated. I had "feared" they might be the same and as Ade posted, nobody is going to sell one as a 50's version when they can call it WWII and ask WWII prices. I have seen a few for sale at this time and I know what the example I bought to replace the one on my Scots guards KD tunic cost, so I'll probably leave it a while to replace this one.
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Rasc bd

Nice BD.Like it!
    Theres another one to add to your list..US war aid version.(more expense)
    ill have to show a few of my own badged postwar BD's.

Quote by NCA View Post
    Nice BD.Like it!
    Theres another one to add to your list..US war aid version.(more expense)
    ill have to show a few of my own badged postwar BD's.
    Hi, a US war aid BD is on my list to get, along with a Canadian example and of course a war time British 40 pattern. So far I have a 37 pattern, an Indian war time example, a 50's NZ example and this one.

I look forward to seeing your badged examples.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hey Jerry

Here is the BD with Parachute badge, belonging to a Lt-Colonel of the Middlesex Regiment:

Name:	100_3255.JPG 
Views:	362 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	340780

and closeups of the badge itself:

Name:	100_3262.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	340782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3260.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	340781

Rob

Many thanks Rob, that is a great looking badged BD. That is an interesting version of the para qualification wings, a type I do not remember seeing previously, with the threads going in different directions on the lower wings.

I like the fact that he has returned to the use of collar dogs on his lapels, something I have seen in photographs, a nice touch IMO.

Is that the black cat of London div on the other sleeve?
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast