Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rasc bd

Article about: Thanks, it's a nice looking BD, which is why I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it Yes, it has the London Division cat on the left sleeve. Rob

Default Rasc bd

Just bought this one, a 49 pattern BD blouse with what appears to be it's original insignia from the 50s, to a major in the royal army service corps. It has medal ribbons for WWII service, the 39-45 star, Africa star, Italy star, France & Germany star, defence medal and the war medal.

These are the sellers pics.

Part of my attempt to collect all the major variations of BD blouse. 3 down, not sure how many more to go, especially if I try to get all the foreign made types of war time and post war, as well as all the services, RAF, RN, ATS etc...Etc....

Too many variations so I'll probably stick to one each for the army of the p37, p40, (p42?) p46, p47 and p49 patterns and one of each nation, of either wartime or post war types, but not both (probably).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rasc bd   Rasc bd  

Rasc bd   Rasc bd  

Rasc bd   Rasc bd  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Rasc bd

Cool.

Looks good.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice. I think the "National Service" period is actually the best for British BD, in terms of the aesthetic appearance and colourful patching.

I used to have a lot of 1949 BDs, but sold off most of them on purely space considerations, particularly when I emigrated to Canada. The few I do still have were saved because they look so nice

Rob

I like this a lot and having it's owners WWII medal ribbons and all it's original insignia is good and I'll certainly keep my eyes open for more of these. Like all militaria, prices are going up even on post war BD's, though this was very sensibly priced, if it is an untouched example and I am know looking for an unmessed 40 pattern, as well as having an eye on a 47 pattern that is for sale.
    Regards,

Jerry

I have always fancied a 47 pattern too. You don't see them too often.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have always fancied a 47 pattern too. You don't see them too often.

Cheers, Ade.
    I have seen a few for sale recently and 46 patterns, but not secured either yet, though as you noticed, I am watching one at the moment.
    Regards,

Jerry

Heres my favourite Pattern 49 Battle dress. Lieutenant Colonels REME Battle dress dated 1949. I am on the look out for a pattern 46 as well.

Rasc bd  

It arrived today and there was a nice surprise, as it clearly had a Parachute qualification wing which has been removed. I'm not sure if the pictures catch it clearly but you can see where it had settled into the tunic from being there a long time before it was removed. Also, the formation patch has clearly been positioned to respect it, whilst on the other sleeve the spacing between the shoulder title and the formation patch is narrower, as of course it had no wings.

Funny that the seller never showed a pic of the sleeve with the missing badge

Anyone got an original mid 1950's para wing?

Rasc bd   Rasc bd  

Rasc bd   Rasc bd  

Rasc bd   Rasc bd  

Rasc bd   Rasc bd  

Rasc bd   Rasc bd  

Regards,

Jerry

More expence now then Jerry!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast