Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

RCAF jacket - original/worth????

Article about: I have one or 2 That I would let go for \\$50 each or \\$80 for the pair, but the shipping is expensive as the Canadian ones are very heavy thick wool. Dean

Default RCAF jacket - original/worth????

Hi:

Once again I need an opinion on a jacket, is this a 1945 original? and how much should I pay for it?

Thanks

Luis

RCAF jacket - original/worth????RCAF jacket - original/worth????RCAF jacket - original/worth????RCAF jacket - original/worth????RCAF jacket - original/worth????RCAF jacket - original/worth????

It is original. It is an RAF issue tunic for a Canadian serving in the RAF.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade said it.

Original, worth maybe £65?

Wrong shoulder titles - those are officers it should be OR's style with the eagle and 'Canada' and the ribbons are added, looks made up on a wartime jacket. It is also missing the belt. 40 pounds would be generous IMO. I'd expect to see RCAF buttons on it, but that is not a show stopper.

So, this is an original RAF, that was issued to Canadians? right? asterperious, why do you think they added the Canadian shoulders titles? Does value rises if it is Canadian? The ribbon bar I can understand but not the shoulder titles. Nevertheless it is a good piece right? So I´m going for it.

Thanks to all who replied.

Cheers

Luis

Belts can sometimes be hard to find. Bear that in mind.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

In Canada you could not get $50 for this jacket, I have a couple of Canadian ones, and no one wants them.

Dean

That´s why I don't get it, when asterperious said that someone put the fake Canada insignia on a original RAF jacket...that should not bring price up...

I did not say fake, I said wrong, they are officers shoulder tabs that may or may not be reproductions, hard to tell from the pictures., not the correct OR's overseas service styles. That is a UK made OR's SD jacket, not impossible it was issued to a Canadian, but I really doubt it, Spend you r money with Camp X if he is still looking to part with them. non Aircrew SD are easy to come by and not very desirable to collect. Bottom line, whoever dressed up this jacket really made little effort to be accurate.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast