Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Removing the insignia from the ww2 Brit SD tunics

Article about: Good evening mates!Ι have noticed that some ww2 dated british SD tunics has all their insignia removed expect the buttons.I am very curious why this was happened!?!?Also I was told that

Default Removing the insignia from the ww2 Brit SD tunics

Good evening mates!Ι have noticed that some ww2 dated british SD tunics has all their insignia removed expect the buttons.I am very curious why this was happened!?!?Also I was told that wartime SD tunics were sometimes rebadged for another officer post-war,as the tunics changed hands many times!Is that possible?Many Thanks for your time and help!

Maybe Anon can give a solution to this problem

The collar badges can be quite pricey and are often removed by badge collectors as the badges are easier to store and display than the tunics are.

It is likely that officers tunics would change owners as they would be quite expensive to have them made, though I have never seen any evidence of this and they would probably have to have them tailored to fit the new owner.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

As always a reliable answer.Thanks!

Picture officer saying, "Just ordered an un-badged Service Dress from G & H, thought I would transfer the insignia from my old tunic. Waste not, eh? Anyway, the old MG needs a new windshield after Friday night's little mishap."

Quote by Red Falcon View Post
    Picture officer saying, "Just ordered an un-badged Service Dress from G & H, thought I would transfer the insignia from my old tunic. Waste not, eh? Anyway, the old MG needs a new windshield after Friday night's little mishap."
    Another good scenario that would fit.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yeah Red Falcon you have a point!