Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

ROC Battledress 1942

Article about: Evening gentlemen, I just thought I would share this great battledress I have just obtained to a member of the Royal Observer Corps. It is dated on the label 1942 (although it is hard to see

Default ROC Battledress 1942

Evening gentlemen, I just thought I would share this great battledress I have just obtained to a member of the Royal Observer Corps. It is dated on the label 1942 (although it is hard to see) but the WD letter code "O" for 1942 is clear! All the buttons are complete and there are only a couple of minor period repairs, on the whole a little "cracker"! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ROC Battledress 1942   ROC Battledress 1942  

ROC Battledress 1942   ROC Battledress 1942  

ROC Battledress 1942  

Very good. You don't see that many of these around.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very good. You don't see that many of these around.

Cheers, Ade.
    Cheers Adrian, it has taken me a few years to find a nice one. It now sits proudly with my ROC helmet, beret and Medal grouping! Leon.

Here's a little picture of my ROC shelf! I was in the ROC myself and this WW2 gear is much better and smarter looking than the RAF uniform that I had to wear in 1989-90! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ROC Battledress 1942  

?

Nice little set up, any pictures of you in 89/90?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Nice little set up, any pictures of you in 89/90?
    Fortunately not Aaron, my ID card was handed back on stand down and that's the only uniform picture of me I remember ever seeing. I still have all my uniform however, but it is crap compared to the WW2 gear, my 1972 pattern jacket looks awful! I still wear my Parade shoes at weddings and Baptism's though!! Leon.