Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Royal marines BD opinions

Article about: This BD is currently up for sale but I would like a couple of other opinions could this BD have been worn by a Canadian that served with the british armed forces. The reason I ask is the com

?

Default Royal marines BD opinions

This BD is currently up for sale but I would like a couple of other opinions could this BD have been worn by a Canadian that served with the british armed forces. The reason I ask is the combined operations patch was worn by some of the soldiers that served in Dieppe as well as commando,Royal marines,and some Recon units.
    The other thing I noticed on the ribbon bar is the Canadian Service Medal with Silver Oak Leaf for overseas service.
    So I am a little perplexed by this BD is it original or was someone playing mister dress up.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal marines BD opinions   Royal marines BD opinions  

Royal marines BD opinions   Royal marines BD opinions  

Attached Images Attached Images Royal marines BD opinions 

Default Re: Royal marines BD opinions

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    This BD is currently up for sale but I would like a couple of other opinions could this BD have been worn by a Canadian that served with the british armed forces. The reason I ask is the combined operations patch was worn by some of the soldiers that served in Dieppe as well as commando,Royal marines,and some Recon units.
    The other thing I noticed on the ribbon bar is the Canadian Service Medal with Silver Oak Leaf for overseas service.
    So I am a little perplexed by this BD is it original or was someone playing mister dress up.

Regards Mark K
    Someone was playing mister dress up. The BD itself is original, of course, but the insignia is ridiculous. The medal ribbons are in the wrong order, the parachute badge is on the wrong side, the formation patch should be a pair, and the positioning is wrong on everything. The sewing looks like it was done by a 3 year old too.

Rob

?

Thanks Rob I found it a very odd BD I had never seen anything like it before had me scratching my head appreciate you giving your opinion .

Regards Mark K

What Rob said, also it has No.2 ink stamped over the label which was the terminology introduced after the war. So its a 40 pattern made in 45 and not issued until the war was ended and it has been badly pimped to high heaven.

If it was cheap, maybe worth having, but for sure it has been messed with.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Jerry when I seen it I tried to look up one to compare it to and I had no luck finding anything close as to the ink stamp I did not know that little tid bit of info so it would appear Mister dress up is still alive and well.

Regards Mark K