Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Welch Fusiliers named SD tunic

Article about: Just bought this one, so these are the sellers pics until it arrives. It is very salty and has been stripped of all insignia and buttons, though a set of buttons are coming with it. It is cl

Default Royal Welch Fusiliers named SD tunic

Just bought this one, so these are the sellers pics until it arrives. It is very salty and has been stripped of all insignia and buttons, though a set of buttons are coming with it. It is clearly named to Major C. J. L. Lewis 4/23rd which is 4th Battalion 23rd regiment of Foot, otherwise known as the The Royal Welsh Fusiliers and is dated to the 19th June 1942. He was gazetted as being promoted to Major on the 4th of September 1942 in the London Gazette, though it seems that the actual promotion occurred prior to that. He was 2ic of the 4th battalion until sept 43 when he was transferred to Burma as 2ic of the 2nd battalion.

I have spares of the missing collar badges and Majors crowns, just need to source the missing back flash.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Welch Fusiliers named SD tunic   Royal Welch Fusiliers named SD tunic  

Royal Welch Fusiliers named SD tunic   Royal Welch Fusiliers named SD tunic  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Royal Welch Fusiliers named SD tunic

I look forwards to seeing it restored to it's former glory!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I look forwards to seeing it restored to it's former glory!

Cheers, Ade.
    I agree with Ade, i really want to see this beauty restored to the original condition.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Thanks Ade and Nuno and I'll try my best to do a good job on it. Also thanks to Kris for the like.
    Regards,

Jerry

I have replaced the buttons, collar badges and the majors rank crowns, just need to get a back flash for it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Welch Fusiliers named SD tunic  
    Regards,

Jerry

Looking good!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Looking good!
    indeed