Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sam Browne belt identification and date

Article about: Hello what era is this Sam Browne belt from? as it is being sold as ww2 but just to make sure. These are the sellers photos.

Default Sam Browne belt identification and date

Hello what era is this Sam Browne belt from? as it is being sold as ww2 but just to make sure. These are the sellers photos.

It is apparently British and i think it is ww2 British and that's what it was sold to me as so i will take more pics when it arrives.

?

These photos show the cross belt is attached too the sword slings, but it is similar to an example i was given from WW2 (relative) when i was commisioned.
    Better photos showing full length and any insciptions or stamps appreciated.

Paul

well as i said i will take more pics when it arrives as these are the sellers pics

it arrived i haven't taken any pictures of my own yet but there is a name on the belt and that is named Trezise and the seller knew who it belonged to (knew because he passed away) it belonged to a major Stanley Trezise of the royal tank regiment but when he joined in 1941 he joined as lieutenant Stanley Trizise of the royal tank regiment so he could of kept the belt since 1941 as he was an officer.

?

Notoriously difficult to date ..
    Unless it has an actual date stamp. !

I have seen WW1 versions with date stamp, but so far not a WW2.

Gary J.

no its not dated but its just a guess that he kept it from ww2 as he was an officer. lieutenant is the rank he got when he signed up but i am trying to find out the date he became a major.

You can sometimes find ww2 dated ones that were issued but as alot of officers brought their own so alot arent dated ,its the same in the army today these are on issue but alot of officers buy their own

As stated, these are rarely dated or marked much at all. I have one in my collection from an Officer I knew. Maker marked but no date.

No reason to think it is not wartime. It looks like a nice example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

yes it is a nice belt and not in bad condition as it has been in a drawer since it was used.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast